1. Do we REALLY have a right to hear Alec Baldwin’s private conversation with his daughter, even if it IS shameful?
2. How do we as parents guard against this kind of icky materialism? What do I do with an eleven year old who BEGS to go to the mall because all of her friends LOVE shopping and most of them have much more money than she does?
3. Is it really necessary for my kids to practice a lock-down at school? Does a handful of shootings in the last few years REALLY warrant that kind of paranoia? Or am I just being a naive parent?
4. How can a person POSSIBLY keep her house clean when it’s Springtime outside?
5. Why is there so much disposable stuff in our culture? What will it take to wake us up and start insisting that manufacturers make stuff to last so our landfill sites don’t choke out the earth?
6. Where can I sign up for the Yann Martel book club? Will Stephen Harper really read those books? Perhaps at least the brilliantly written letters?
7. Is it better to push my girls to continue piano lessons under duress or let them quit when they want to?
8. What’s another word for solidarity that doesn’t have the same political baggage? (This is a serious question – I need it for an ad campaign at work)
9. When will my children realize that begging for things the minute I walk in the door does not usually make me want to grant their requests?
10. Why do I feel like eating ALL the time?
11. Why oh WHY did I let Marcel sign me up as a volunteer soccer coach for the Tiny Tots? Have I lost my mind?
12. When will I get a chance to take another pottery class? Or an art class? Or join a writers’ group again?
13. Why am I blogging when it is beautiful outside and I should be hanging out with my children?