– Rain and wind are ONLY fun if you’re in a warm place watching through a window, NOT if you’re sitting on the side of a soccer field.
– Saying good-bye to the same person again and again gets old. Quickly.
– Sending three kids back to school is FRICKIN’ expensive. New outfits, new shoes, school supplies, school fees, lunch fees – YIKES!
– Signing two kids up for indoor soccer just after you’ve finished paying for their return to school can be downright painful.
– Going grocery shopping after the above two expenses can be very nearly impossible.
– Household renovations or decorating projects will always take at least twice as long as you originally estimated.
– Wearing sandals when it’s 5 degrees (Celsius) and windy is stupid.
– Even with a “resistant to change” child, the return to school gets easier as they get older.
– Drinking hot chocolate while sitting at the side of the soccer field in the wind and the rain makes you feel only marginally more comfortable.
– Chasing half a dozen napkins (that came along with your hot chocolate and muffins) across the soccer field when the wind picks them up can be embarrassing. Especially when you’re wearing a poncho that flips up in your face every time you try to bend down to grab a dancing napkin.
– Folding your lawnchair with a cup of hot chocolate still in the cup holder is not a smart idea.
– Nutella on toast makes nice comfort food at ten o’clock at night when you’ve been watching soccer in the rain, trying to scratch together a few dollars to buy groceries, saying good-bye for the umpteenth time, and you didn’t have time for supper.
So what we’ve established so far is that I am broke, stupid, clumsy, and cold. Yep, it’s a good day to be alive. Thank god for Nutella.