1. I’m going to a Martyn Joseph concert tonight! Yay! I love concerts and I LOVE Martyn Joseph!
2. On his online journal, Martyn referred to Winnipeg as “one of his favourite places on the planet”! No, he’s not from here. He’s from Wales. (So there – people from Calgary – you know who you are – SOME people like this place!)
3. One of my new favourite TV shows is called The Border.
4. One of my old favourite shows is Corner Gas.
5. Both are Canadian shows.
6. I’m happy to find good Canadian shows, because we’re not well known for great television programming (with some definite exceptions).
7. One of my favourite movies of this year is also Canadian. Away from Her. See it if you can – it’s definitely worth it.
8. I’m pretty sick and tired of the way this cold weather dries out the skin. I seem to be itchy all of the time.
9. I’m going to Bangladesh in March, and this week I remembered that people in Bangladesh were considered (by some researcher) to be the happiest on the planet. Sounds like a good place to make friends.
10. It’s a delightful moment when your 10-year-old daughter phones you at work and says, “Mom, where are the chocolate chips? I want to make cookies.” Smile. I’m rather fond of her. (Even if she beats me at speed Scrabble.)
11. I heard this line in a Neil Young song yesterday and it made me want to write poetry… “We know where the music is, let’s go out and feel the night.” Hmmm… nice.
12. Neil Young is also a Canadian. We certainly have raised some great talent up here in the cold north.
13. I brought some oatmeal and dried apricots to work this morning and made myself a lovely breakfast (complete with a little milk and a touch of honey). Mmmm… I think I’ll do that more often. I’m not usually hungry for breakfast until I’ve been awake for a couple of hours, so this was perfect.