Thirteen random happy summer things
1. Wearing sandals. Oh how I love having bare toes! And not having to dig through laundry baskets for socks? Heaven!
3. Wandering. Yesterday (Canada Day) was a picture perfect day for wandering (through Osborne Village, to the Forks), people-watching, eating treats, and listening to music – all with people who are easy to be around
4. Folk Festival! A week from today! Yippee!
5. Riding my bike along the river. The bike ride home from work is the best part of my day.
6. Camping! S’mores, campfires, beach-bummin’, “camper breakfast”, sleeping in a tent – it’s all good.
7. A family road trip. Yippee! I love, love, LOVE road trips with my family. I think we all get along best on road trips (even when cramped in a car that we’re outgrowing), ‘cause we’re all just so relaxed and happy.
9. Holidays. Being away from work for awhile. Re-charging. Oh how I need that. (Sadly, though, I have to split my holidays so that I can go through a hiring process to replace the staff person who just resigned.)
10. Water. I LOVE being near water in the summer – lakes, rivers, creeks, oceans, you name it.
11. Drinks on a patio. It’s my goal to have a few more lovely evenings like this with interesting, creative friends. (Friends in my proximity? Consider this a warning – I’ll be calling you. Unless you call me first, of course.)
12. Summer food. Barbecues. Picnics. Potato salad. Hotdogs from a street vendor.
13. Fun and carefree creative things. Like more wreckage. And finishing up my creative sanctuary in the basement. And doing a little more painting.