Help me come up with ONE HUNDRED ways we can make the world a better place!
Tuesday, March 8th, is the hundredth anniversary of International Women’s Day. I’m very excited to announce that on that day, I will be launching my first e-book! Yay! (The above image is a sneak preview of the cover art. Yes – in case you’re wondering – I painted it.)
In the book, twenty wise people are sharing their thoughts around how feminine wisdom can change the world. I can hardly wait to share it with you!
But first, I want you to help me out with something. I’m so jazzed about what is in my e-book that I want to create a whirlwind of energy around the power and possibilities of feminine wisdom.
Here’s what I’m asking for:
I would like 100 people (women AND men) to come up with 100 ideas (in honour of 100 years of International Women’s Day) that reflect their thoughts around the following question:
How can women change the world and how can we change the world for women?
If that sounds like too big a question, then remember this – it is the small things, all added together, that create big change. Your idea might be as simple as “change the rules at my local community centre to allow more girls into sports” or “pay for the education of one young girl in Africa who might not otherwise get to go to school” or “teach my daughter about her female lineage”.
They might be small, or they might be BIG, like “grow awareness around women’s issues at the UN“.
Let’s get that whirlwind blowing, shall we?
A little added incentive for participating: I will hold a draw of all those who participate and the winner will get a print of the above image.
Here are some ways you can contribute to 100 Years :: 100 People :: 100 Changes:
1. Share your ideas in the comments.
2. Write a blog post between now and Tuesday highlighting your ideas around the question. Add your name and link to the widget below so that we can all visit and be inspired by each others ideas.
3. Share your idea on Twitter with the hashtag #100changes (with a link back to this post)
4. Add your idea to the Sophia Leadership Facebook page. (And be sure to “like” the page while you’re there so that you’ll get updates.)
6. Let me know you’re participating by commenting on this post.
7. Share this with all of your friends so that the whirlwind grows and at least 100 people are participating by Tuesday!
p.s. More than 100 is even better, so keep spreading the word!