Michele over at the Laundromat, misses me, and so I will sneak a few moments to post.
Yes, I finally feel better, but when I finally shook off the virus, I found myself caught in a whirlwind of stuff that got left undone when I was out of commission for a week. Perhaps after today, I can catch my breath again.
I had a couple of posts ready to go… even typed up one and tried to post it about 5 times, but our computer’s been acting finicky lately. Marcel downloaded some new stuff – cybersitter and new firewall stuff, and it doesn’t seem to like Blogger. Nor does it like some of the blogs I normally visit. (NO – they’re not nasty blogs – just ordinary ones like Anvilcloud’s – nothing pornographic about THAT!)
So, here’s a list of some of the things I was GOING to post:
– for Halloween, my kids dressed as a Princess (Maddie), a punk rocker (Julie), and the Pillsbury Doughboy (Nikki). I used to go to great lengths to dress them in costumes that had some relation to each other (and as some of you know – spent many hours on a sewing machine late at night on October 30th nearly every year), but the more they develop their own personalities, the more their costumes reflect their own creativity. I like the way their little minds work. I’ll try to post pics some day.
– I have transformed my laundry room, and I have a great post about it, but that’s the one that my computer won’t cooperate with. I cleaned, I decluttered, I scrubbed, I tugged out old carpetting, and I got down on my hands and knees and applied floor tiles. Now I just go in there on a regular basis to gaze upon my work and smile.
– I’ve fallen behind at work and because I’m missing a staff person (the one that got fired), I’m having to pull double-duty on a bunch of stuff. I lay awake at nights sometimes stressing about the stuff I’ve forgotten to do and the people I’ve let down because I let things slip through the cracks. I hope it gets better soon.
– On Sunday I leave for Alberta for a trip I really dread (related to the above point). But on the up-side, I get to see some of my family in Calgary.
– I’m waiting almost as anxiously as CCAP for the baby that hasn’t arrived yet. For nearly ten years, CCAP and her boy have been like second parents for my kids, and now I’ll finally get to do the same for theirs. I get all teary-eyed just thinking about it. I’m not much of a “baby-holder” (I leave that up to Marcel, who can’t get enough of it), but you can bet your bottom dollar that I’ll fight for THIS baby.
That’s enough for now. Gotta get back to work now.
Are ya happy now, Michele? 😉