– In the last 24 hours, the temperature has dropped 24 degrees – from a balmy +12 degrees (Celsius), to a rather cool -12 degrees. Those living in the warmer south may think that’s a little whacky, but I don’t really mind living in a place with temperature mood swings. It makes life interesting, because it can just as easily swing the other way around.
– If you want to see an amazing sight, visit my office at about 4:30 in the afternoon. I have a view of the highrise office buildings of Winnipeg, and around that time, the sun is beginning to set and it makes all the tall buildings glow a brilliant orange. Breathtaking. Yesterday there was a verigated pink cotton candy effect on the skyline behind it to add to the tapestry.
– Is it just me, or when you see an empty plastic bag dancing in the wind do you remember that amazing scene from American Beauty? Sometimes I see one float up to my fourth floor office window and I have to just stop and stare at the raw beauty of it.
– It’s not only raw beauty I see from my office window. Sometimes it’s rather ugly. There’s a rather seedy hotel across the street and occasionally there are people passed out on the street in a drunken stupor. Once in awhile I see a fight break out. A few weeks ago, there was a car on the sidewalk and police had taped the area off. It turns out, the guy driving the car had died of a heart attack while driving and when his car hit the sidewalk, he’d hit one of the people who was hanging around in front of the hotel.
– Does anyone really care about TomKat’s extravagant wedding? Do they think sinking hoardes of money into it is going to make the marriage last longer?
– Speaking of TomKat’s wedding, why the heck was Brooke Shields there? Has she no pride?
– And speaking of TomKat’s wedding (maybe I do care after all – teehee), don’t you just feel horribly sorry for his two older children? They had to watch both of their parents get married in the same year. That’s just not fair. It was hard enough for me to get used to the idea of my mom getting remarried and I’m an ADULT and my mom was a widow. I can’t imagine how messed up it feels for a kid whose parents are still both alive.